Advanced writing program for children preparing for English Examinations Paper 1, consisting of Part 1 (Situational Writing for P5-6) and Part 2 (Continuous Writing for both P3-4 and P5-6). All written exercises follow the latest MOE 3-pic-1-theme EL Continuous Writing Syllabus.
The Objectives of each lesson for Situational Writing is:
- Highlighting the right information
- Figuring out Purpose/Audience/Context
- Organizing your answers
- Keeping it Short and Simple
- Maximizing scores, Minimizing mistakes
The Objectives of each lesson for Composition Writing is:
- Brainstorming and Planning the Story – the Pre-writing Process
- Scaffolding the First Draft – Writing with Facilitation
- Critiquing the First Draft – Conferencing
- Revising the First Draft – Editing and Polishing
- Publishing the Final Draft – Grading and Feedback
Each term includes 5 Situational Writing Practices and 5 Composition Writing Practices, each comes with feedback, conferencing, drafting and editing. Marks will be awarded for each draft.
English Examination Preparation Course: Primary 3 to 4 (does not include Situational Writing)
English Examination Preparation Course: Primary 5 to 6 (includes Situational Writing)
Class size: 7-8
Class Duration: 2 hours
Price: $210 / month for P3 to 4
Price: $220 / month for P5 to 6
*currently there is only ONE pure Paper 1 class (Thurs 3-5pm for P3-4). The rest of the classes are mixed Paper 1 and 2, with lessons alternating between each Paper every week.